How many social media networks do you use where the original post sends you traffic months or even a year later?
Pinterest is the only social site that produces results like that for me on an ongoing basis.
And if you’re strategic about what you pin/post, you don’t have to spend a lot of time on the site to get a good return on your time investment.
If you have no idea what Pinterest is or how to use it, this podcast (here’s the transcript) will break it down and fill you with ideas you can try on your own.
Even if you don’t use the network, you need to make sure your site is Pinterest-ready. Many of your readers may be using it and you want to make it easy for them to share your content.
You can also apply many of these strategies to other sites like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and more!
- An introduction to Pinterest
- Various image creation strategies you can implement
- How I got my homepage pinned over 16,000 times in less than 18 months
- Tips for outsourcing images
- My take on Pinterest backlinks and if they affect your search engine rankings
- Legalities of Pinterest
- Image creation sites you can use: Canva (see my video demo!), Pixlr, PicMonkey (affiliate link), PiktoChart, PowerPoint, ShareAsImage, Pinstamatic
- Sites to get photos (please check the license and terms): Flickr, iStockPhoto, MorgueFile, StockPhotosForFree, FreeImages
- Chris Guthrie’s PinButton Attraction Plugin that I use (affiliate link)
- Outsourcing sites for graphic design: Elance, oDesk, 99Designs, Freelancer, CrowdSpring
- Tip-o-graphics I’ve created for Pinterest in Photoshop: 12 Natural Hair Tips, Natural Hair Mantras, 10 Ways to Keep Natural Hair Moisturized, Curl Definition, Tips for Growing Long Natural Hair
- Take my Photoshop course and learn how to create the tipographics and images for social media. (You won’t believe how quickly you’ll learn Photoshop. It’s not as hard as people make it out to be.)
- How to block images from getting pinned from your site
- The instructional collage example referenced in the podcast that was an instant hit (Apply this strategy with relevant pics for your own niche.)
- Frame Ur Life phone app I use for picture collages
- View the transcript